Throughout January 2023, we are gathering food and supplies to put into Meal Kits that will be given to people experiencing homelessness. When the overnight temperatures are forecast to be 35° or below, people seek refuge at the Emergency White Flag Shelters. They often come hungry. We want to give them a small bag of ready-to-eat food that will carry them over when they leave the next morning.
Instead of having a regular worship service, we will get them ready to give away on the fifth Sunday of the month, January 29th, at the church.
To prepare these kits, we will need things like…
- Lay’s Potato Chip Variety Pack
- Plastic Cutlery Pack with Napkin and Salt/Pepper Packets
- RITZ Cheese Sandwich Crackers
- Variety Pack Granola-Bar Breakfast Bars
- Welch’s Fruit Snacks
- California Raisins Snack
- To-Go Chunk Light Pouch
- Low Sodium Albacore Tuna in Water
- StarKist Premium White Chicken
- Libby’s Vienna Sausage
- Van Camps Beanee Weenee Original Flavor
We’re happy to accept designated donations (“Shelter Meal Kits”) and we will do the shopping for you! Visit ImaniMCC.org/contribute.html to give online.