Sunday, January 25 2015
Please read the scripture reading for the day and then press the player's arrow below to begin the podcast.
Scripture: Selected sections of Moses’ story from Exodus chapters 2, 3 & 4 (link will open new tab or window)
Opportunities for ministry that Jim mentioned....
Your Burning Bush moment might be about something that is needed right here at Imani….
- Singing in Imani’s Choir
- Taking care of the building and helping others clean it regularly
- Working with the Sound Team on Sunday mornings
- Working on the garden and lawn around the building
- Clearing out a Prayer Trail in the woods behind the church
- Planting a Community Garden in the open fields next to our building, maintaining it, and helping the community harvest it. You can start preparing the ground now!
- Volunteering to organize the worship leaders and volunteers for our services
- Finding places to put all the things we have piled up in the back room so that the back room can be used for an 12-step meeting on nights when we’re not using it
- Perhaps it might be to increase your regular tithe amount by 1 or 2 percentage points and make sure your gifts can be counted on each week
Your Burning Bush moment might be something else going on in Durham….
Your Burning Bush moment might be something even bigger….
- Volunteering to work with the Chatham Social Health Council to get the word out about HIV/AIDS testing in our area
- Volunteering with an HRC-Triangle event that helps people realize how important it is to end workplace discrimination and transgender discrimination and all of the other important work they do to change people’s minds
- Organize a group to attend the spiritually uplifting MCC General Conference in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada in July of 2016.
- Get a contingent of people ready to join the 50th Anniversary March on Washington to commemorate Stonewall in 2019. It’s only 4 short years away, people! Jim has some people you can contact about that.
- And God may be leading you to something even bigger!